I believe there are some real specific things your can do to have a productive, healthy day that contributes to overall health.
- Hydrate as soon as you wake up as you lose about a liter of water through breathing during during the night
- Get outdoors (sunlight is the best medicine)
- Move – walk the family day, do Tai Chi, exercise
- Nourish your body – good quality protein, not carbs in the morning is best as carbs make you tired
- Give someone a compliment
- Be grateful (keep a gratitude journal)
- Smile (you can make someone’s day)
- Breathe Deeply often (in for count of 4, hold, out for count of 6), especially before meals
- Make your bed (it feels good to come home to a made bed)
- Give and receive HUGS
- Look Up ( literally look at the sky)
- Create something (your creativity goes up later in the afternoon)
- Accomplish a task (do whatever takes 3-5 minutes)
- Let it go : Are you a worrier, complainer, pessimist? You can change yourself : pray, meditate, guided imagery, think positive – what’s the worse than can happen?
- Get quality over quantity SLEEP (Sleep Tips coming up next)
Hope this helps to have a better day !